"Cruas" Cruas by pedroswift
Cruas Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 13 photos
Dominant features of the area are the limestone cliffs which give rise to the cement industry and chalk extraction. Infrastructure for this activity is quite evident.
Overlooking the Cruas township is the monk's castle from the XII-XIVth century and the attendant medieval village.
The big feature in the centre ville is the 11th century Romanesque Abbey church of Sainte Marie de Cruas, classed a National Monument as early as 1847. The church is the site of ongoing archaeological excavations and one can do a tour with a French speaking guide..
Open from 1st April to 1st October : Monday to Saturday (10am to 6.30pm ) Sunday and holidays (3pm to 7pm). Closed on 1st May. Guided visits at 11am, 3pm, 5pm week days and 3.30pm and 5.30pm Sunday and bank holidays.
There is a marina on the River Rhone catering for cruisers and locals.
Marina office has showers and toilets and has a supply of touristic information on the region. Facilities open 0800 to 2100.
Walk/cycle into town along Avenue de la Resistance. It's about 200 metres from marina office to the avenue - then about a kilometre into town crossing the rail line via a pedestrian underpass.
There is a restaurant/bar across the road from the railway station and a mini Casino supermarket in the centre of town.
Port Captain: Claude Labalette ph: 04 75 96 48 79
E mail to book a berth: firstname.lastname@example.org
After hours: visit the bateau "Xanadu" which is tied up south of the port breakwater. see map above. mob: 06 83 21 36 07
web page: http://www.portcruas.com/
- Pros:Quiet port
pedroswift's Related Pages
Cruas Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Cruas
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Cruas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cruas
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 9 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos