"Epernay - epi centre of Champagne" Épernay by pedroswift
Épernay Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 131 photos
Please don't die before knocking on a couple of doors on the Avenue de Champagne in Epernay.
Don't feel bad about it - the major Houses located on the Avenue all charge you for the tour and the tasting afterwards!!
A tip re the tasting part - more bang for your buck!
Suffer from mobility problems? Taking the baby or very young children with you?
Some houses have many stairs to climb/descend during a visit.
Take the weight off your feet. Mercier has a lift (elevator) and a petit train ride around the cellars.
Do I qualify? In the "When was your last visit:" section I have put - "I visit frequently"..... Every second year since 1994 : a couple of times twice in the year. Could be "frequent"? Anyway several visits plus the odd taste or two back on the range in Australia leads me to have an opinion on the product of the region.
more on Champagne-Ardenne Page
- Pros:Champagne, Champagne & more Champagne
- Cons:nothing to report
- In a nutshell:More than one visit required to appreciate the product!!
In answer to a question on "visiting vineyards during a day trip from Paris", I answered with advice to visit Epernay by... more travel advice
pedroswift's Related Pages
Épernay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Epernay, capitol of the Champagne"
- "The Heart of the Champagne Region"
- "Small cosy town in Champagne region"
- "Eperney = CHAMPAGNE!!!!"
- "At the famous Avenue de Champagne"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Épernay
- Hotels in Épernay
- Transportation in Épernay
- Restaurants in Épernay
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Épernay
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Épernay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Épernay
Photos in ÉpernaySee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 9 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos