"Stop at Joigny??" Joigny by pedroswift
Joigny Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
Joigny is on the River Yonne and is a logical stopping while cruising that river. As well as a couple of stops at the port, we've found it a convenient place for an overnight while on road trips as well.
Located about halfway between Nevers, our departure point, and Reims, our destination on one road trip in 2008, it provided an early afternoon stop. In 2010, we stopped again to visit the Paris Nice Hotel and Restaurant such was our enjoyment of the meal in 2008. We were not disappointed!
Joigny is well worth a visit to climb the hill on the north side of the river to check out its half-timbered houses some featuring carving of the wood.
There is a locoboat marina where one can hire boats for a weeks cruise on the Yonne.
Joigny is a stopping spot for gourmets who can afford to eat at the 3 Michelin-starred Côte Saint Jacques where a meal for one person will probably set you back at least €135. Check the tip below where 4 people can enjoy a 4 course meal with wine for that much.
- Pros:good port - good food
- Cons:nothing to report
- In a nutshell:Pleasant town with intersting architecture
pedroswift's Related Pages
Joigny Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Joigny
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Joigny?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Joigny
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 41 reviews, 109 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 9 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos