"ILUKA - could be a fisherman's paradise" Iluka by pedroswift
Iluka Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
For several years now , have visited Iluka mid-year to fish. It is a wonderful place for a quiet camping holiday. However, Over Exploitation of fish stocks by professionals who kill more than what they actually take makes it difficult for amateurs to catch a feed.
The Fishermans Co Operative (on the river front) actually has the temerity to sell cooked "fish and chips" for 7 bucks or you can have "Dory and Chips" for 8 bucks. The chalk board with the neat printing and fishy graphics is up high behind the counter. But if you look closely at the cabinet with the products in it (there is a tiny sign on each product) and watch the orders being processed you find that both of the above orders are exactly the same fish...what is it??fully imported Vietnamese cat fish!!!! How many other fish shops at picturesque Australian seaside places follow this gyping lowdown grubby practice???
Read the fine print!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish and he will
sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery
- In a nutshell:Quiet picturesque coastal holiday spot
pedroswift's Related Pages
Iluka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Favourite Camping Spot!"
- "ILUKA - could be a fisherman's paradise"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Iluka
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Iluka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Iluka
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 38 reviews, 101 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 9 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos