"Sunshine Coast Hinterland" Montville by pedroswift
Montville Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 159 photos
essential to visit as part of your exploration of South East Queensland.
I'd go so far as to say - Pick this area as an over-night stopping spot on a drive from Brisbane to the Sunshine Coast via the Australia Zoo.
After visiting the zoo, drive up the range to Montville for an overnight stop. Have breakfast in one of the cafes in the village (eg The Edge), check out the gift shops and boutiques ladies and then have lunch at 'a little bit of France located in Australia' - Le Relais Bressan at Flaxton before heading to the Sunshine Coast.
Or do what we often do seeing we have been to Australia Zoo a couple of times: stop at Landsborough Bakery for coffee and cake, check into the Montville Mountain Inn for an overnight and have dinner at the Relais Bressan. Breakfast at "The Edge" next morning before heading east to the Sunshine Coast for the night. (see reviews below).
Montville Village offers a yea-olde-worldie ambiance in a lush green setting.
I can say it no better than one of the tourist sites :
quote"Montville doesn’t boast a new modern environment, but it does boast a unique yesteryear atmosphere that is accentuated by its cosmopolitan architecture including a blend of Tudor, Irish and English cottages of log and stone, Swiss and Bavarian Chalets, even an old mill water-wheel, and of course Australian colonial and Old Queenslander designs are also featured.
If you need the hustle and bustle of city life, you probably won’t enjoy the instant sense of relaxation that Montville’s village atmosphere offers.
There are no nightclubs in Montville, which means you’ll probably have a great night’s sleep."
*The above villages are probably best filed neatly under "Blackall Range, Qld., Australia" in the vt data base but I suspect no-one knows what the area is called so there are no entries there so far. Blackall Range
- Pros:Diverse shopping opportunities
- In a nutshell:Green environment with Delightful views of the coast
We have stayed in the Motel style accommodation at Montville Mountain Inn several times. The facilities offered are all... more travel advice
pedroswift's Related Pages
Montville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PUT THE ROMANCE BACK INTO YOUR HEART AT MONTVILLE"
- "Montville...A place to relax!!!!"
- "A Montville Secret"
- "Montville Has Something for Everyone"
- "ARTY - CRAFTY - MONTVILLE"
- "KIND OF OLDE WORLDE - but up to date"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montville
- Hotels in Montville
- Restaurants in Montville
- Shopping in Montville
- Warnings and Dangers in Montville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Montville
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Montville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montville
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 63 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 9 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 8 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue