"Narrabri in Cotton Country" Narrabri by pedroswift
Narrabri Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 142 photos
Have chosen to stop at Narrabri sur Newell Hwy on two road trips south as it was a convenient distance to travel on day one (600kms) and offered the amenities. Overnighted at the Country Comfort Mid City Motel both times.
Narrabri is aboriginal for "forked waters" and the Namoi River runs through town with a tributary Narrabri Creek. The rich river flats accommodate pastoral and agricultural activities the most important of which is cotton growing. Don't forget to visit the "Cotton Centre". You know when you are in 'cotton country' : the roadsides are littered with cotton lint. I have collected enough of that free cotton to crochet a beanie as long as I supplement the supply with lint recovered from my navel over the years.
Much to our surprise, we discovered the "Outback Shack" at the Narrabri RSL and although our enjoyment of the most recent visit was not as much as the first, we would recommend you eat there as it is better than most average club dining rooms.
- Pros:Convenient stop on road trip
pedroswift's Related Pages
Narrabri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPORTIEST TOWN IN AUSTRALIA"
- "A view to somewhere"
- "On the Newell Highway"
- "Narrabri in Cotton Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Narrabri
- Hotels in Narrabri
- Restaurants in Narrabri
- Warnings and Dangers in Narrabri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Narrabri
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (78)
Have you been to Narrabri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Narrabri
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 41 reviews, 110 photos, 6 travelogues
- France Intro, 29 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 65 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 15 reviews, 40 photos, 9 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 26 photos, 2 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 12 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos