"Ranchot on Canal du Rhone au Rhin" Ranchot by pedroswift
Ranchot Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Ranchot is an unlikely stopping spot for a lot of tourists. It’s on the national auto route D673 between Dole and Besançon and is located in the northern Jura Region. One could stop here for the night on a road trip from Bourgogne to the Jura. There is a two star Logis de France listed Hotel in town : Hotel de la Marine.
Logically one would turn south to visit the Royal Salt Works at Arc-et-Senans 15kms due south of Ranchot. By following the Grande Rue (the main north-south thoroughfare through Ranchot), one has the pleasure of passing through the Foret de Chaux via a secondary road before arriving at the Salt Works.
Don’t neglect the unique wines of the Jura on your visit.
Ranchot is located on the Canal Rhone au Rhin and the city fathers have had the forethought to provide a quay suitable for visiting canal cruisers. I’m sure this will attract more visitors and perhaps provide more custom for the nearby Hotel de la Marine.
pedroswift's Related Pages
Ranchot Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ranchot
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Ranchot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ranchot
Photos in RanchotSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 64 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 36 photos, 9 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 9 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue