"Tanlay - Boat Stop" Tanlay by pedroswift
Tanlay Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 35 photos
There is a large port at Tanlay (PK 54) to accommodate hotel barges. There is a stone quay on the town side of the canal with bollards. There is access to the bank opposite if there is no room. Steel form-work bank and b.y.o. pickets.
At the stone quay, power, water and toilets and showers for which we were not charged.
There is a small bar resto at the road bridge end of the port for afternoon "wetting of whistles". Be warned the "wetting" may go on until all hours of the night so park as far away as possible if you like peace and quiet!! ha!
The Chateau de Tanlay is well worth a visit (about a 700 metre walk from the port). We took a guided visit starting about 1600. It was in French only but the very pleasant lady guide spoke slowly so we managed to understand most of the detail.
tnx Google Earth
We arrived in Tanlay from an overnight at Tonnerre. 6 locks & 8kms - 2 hours 20 minutes engine time.
Our next stop was Ancy le Franc - 22kms & 9 locks. Left at 0900 @ the first available departure time...all locks were set up for us as we had indicated our intentions to the lock keeper the day before but we still needed to stop in lock 82 for lunch (1200-1300). We arrived at 1430. As usual, it took longer than expected!!!
- In a nutshell:Chateau town on the Canal de Bourgogne
pedroswift's Related Pages
Tanlay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Tiny Town with a Fine 16C Chateau"
- "A stop in Tanlay"
- "Tanlay - Boat Stop"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tanlay
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Tanlay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanlay
Photos in TanlaySee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Brisbane Intro, 38 reviews, 96 photos, 7 travelogues
- France Intro, 28 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Bourgogne Intro, 7 reviews, 63 photos, 10 travelogues
- Australia Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 9 travelogues
- Fraser Island Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Queensland Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mooloolaba Intro, 7 reviews, 32 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos
- Villers-Bretonneux Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue