"Atar, Mauritania" Atar by johnbradshawlayfield
Atar Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 250 photos
The city is dusty. The paved roads are covered with desert sands. Temperatures soaring and electricity for mere 6 hours. The people are hostile especially the beggars who show you knife and extract money. I stayed here for a day and the experience was horrifying. But the road condition from Nouakchott is excellent.
- Pros:Must think about that
- Cons:Hostile beggars, and lack of electricity even at soaring 45 degrees temperature
- In a nutshell:Should'nt go there until necessary.
Road is the only mean by which you can come to Atar. Two flights per week are also available from Nouakchott on Air... more travel advice
johnbradshawlayfield's Related Pages
Atar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "GATEWAY TO THE DEEP SAHARA"
- "Atar, Mauritania"
- "Atar as waypoint"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Atar
- Hotels in Atar
- Transportation in Atar
- Shopping in Atar
- Warnings and Dangers in Atar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Atar
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Atar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Atar
Photos in AtarSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Minsk Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Asmara Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Blair Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nouakchott Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Pune Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Monrovia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.