"My home, Mumbai" Mumbai by johnbradshawlayfield
Mumbai Travel Guide: 2,021 reviews and 4,076 photos
1. While travelling around Mumbai use a taxi or a rickshaw. Donot use local trains or buses as they are over crowded and pick pocketing is practised.
2. Donot drink tap water as it is a breeding ground for viruses. Mineral water is available throughout mumbai. ( Best mineral water manufacturers are Bisleri, Bailley, Aquafena, Kinley and Himalaya.)
3. Many people will offer you garlands if u are a Westerner. Avoid these garlands as the flowers may contain some powder which may disturb your respiratory system.
4. For guidance, ask only educated people and not uneducated people as they may fool you.
5. Remember, when paying rickshaw fare, always subtract one from the original meter reading and add three in taxi meter reading.
6. The BEST municipal buses although cheap is not BEST when crowded. Don't use them or in the end u may find yourself in a quarrel.
7. If u want to enjoy Mumbai transportation use the BEST municipal buses' AIRCONDITIONED bus as it is cheap and comfortable.
1. Prince of Wales Museum
2. Gateway of India
3. Mumba Devi Temple
4. Elephanta Caves
5. Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus which is a train junction
6. Nehru Planetariunm and Science centre
7. Lokhandwala Complex, Andheri(west), a cheap shopping and eating paradise
8. Juhu Beach and the Girgaum Chowpatty
9. Hanging Gardens and the aeroplane park in Santacruz
A. Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport
1. Compared to the classic airports in world this airport has not yet met airport standards.
2. It is small but comfortable.
3. Modernisation of this airport will start in middle of 2007 but over all I rate this airport 6.5 out of 10.
4. Planes that come here are-- Aeroflot, Air India, Swiss International, Austrian Airlines, Al Italia, Aero Mexico, Air France, Cathay Pacific, Biman Bangladesh, Orient Thai Airways, Singapore airways, Malaysian Airways, Srilankan airways, Qatar Airways, Gulf Air, Emirates, American airlines.
5. India's own Air India flights are cheap and best.
B. Chatrapati Shivaji Domestic Airport
1.It is divided into Governmaent controlled airport and private controlled airport by priivate companies.
2. Indian Airlines is the only plane in the government section while Kingfisher airlines, Jet Airways, Spice Jet India, Indigo Airlines have service in the private section.
3. The most cheapest is the Spice Jet India.
- Pros:Mumbai is the greatest city in the whole world and the people are friendly.
- Cons:Mumbai is a little less hygienic city.
- In a nutshell:Mumbai is more than just a city.
VT or Victoria terminus is now Chattrapati Shivaji Terminus and its the junction and the origin of one of world's... more travel advice
This is a structure which has a Mughal architecture. It is approximately in front of the Taj and overlooks the Arabian... more travel advice
johnbradshawlayfield's Related Pages
Mumbai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Mumbai (Bombay)"
- "My Second Home"
- "Mumbai – A Magnificent Mix"
- "Aadil's Mumbai (Bombay) City of Gold!!!"
- ""my" Gateway of India..."
- "Mumbai, Bombay....its all the same..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mumbai
- Hotels in Mumbai
- Transportation in Mumbai
- Nightlife in Mumbai
- Restaurants in Mumbai
- Shopping in Mumbai
- Warnings and Dangers in Mumbai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mumbai
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Mumbai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mumbai
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Minsk Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Asmara Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Blair Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nouakchott Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Pune Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Monrovia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.