"Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar" Top 5 Page for this destination Port Blair by johnbradshawlayfield
Port Blair Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 297 photos
Port Blair is the capital and largest city of the Bay of Bengal set of Indian Islands. The city has a domestic airport and domestic airlines like Spice Jet India, Jet Airways, Indian have their services here.
In Port Blair, rests the Kala Paani prison which was one of the harshest prison during the brit era, many freedom fighters were put here and either hanged or were life imprisoned. So, travellers dont come here in large numbers because they associate this place with evil and unluck. But its nothing like that. This is one of the most beautiful place in India like Northeast India which is not touched by tourists. Only difference being that NorthEast India is a bit unstable and this place is very stable.
Capital of this island is Port Blair. Its a town basically, with a domestic airport which is served by Indian (Formerly Indian Airlines), Air Deccan, Jet Airways, Air Sahara
- Pros:Paradise and Beautiful beaches
- Cons:Not really
- In a nutshell:100% Indian
Now, let me tell u about endangered tribals of A&N Islands: Jarawas: friendly, living in the forests of North, middle... more travel advice
Well, its totaaly covered by forests with monkeys and birds. You can spend only a day there. Its the highest point on... more travel advice
johnbradshawlayfield's Related Pages
Port Blair Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Cellular Jail & the ruins of Ross Island"
- "Port Blair - Capital of the Andaman Islands"
- "The Ocean Never Leaves You"
- "Port Blair"
- "Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar"
- "Port Blair India"
- "Andaman Beach Resort Diving"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Blair
- Hotels in Port Blair
- Transportation in Port Blair
- Restaurants in Port Blair
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Blair
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Blair
- 6 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Port Blair?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Blair
Top 10 Pages
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Minsk Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Asmara Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Khartoum Intro, 6 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- New Delhi Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Port Blair Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nouakchott Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- Goa Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Pune Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Monrovia Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
No friends yet.