"Small Town, São Paulo" São Luís do Paraitinga by Lady_Disdain
São Luís do Paraitinga Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 96 photos
If my kind reader has read my other pages, then you already know that I like the small towns dotted through out the state of São Paulo. São Luis is particularly pictoresque.
Cobblestone streets, men trading farming tips on the square and three lovely churches set the tone of this village.
If you visit on an ordinary day, everything seems sleepy and quiet. However, it has one of the most tradional Carnaval in São Paulo, holding most of the old fashioned traditions. No ladies with bare breasts, but lots of parades, with huge puppets and bands. The music is "marchinha". and not samba or axé.
But if you don't want to miss a day of Carnaval in Rioor Salvador, visit São Luis the week before, when the songs are chosen for the parties.
This was once the main church in São Luis, before the larger Igreja Matriz (Main Church, literally) was built. It is... more travel advice
São Luis is a very small town with a lot of steep streets! Most are cobblestones, lined with colourful houses. Look up... more travel advice
Lady_Disdain's Related Pages
São Luís do Paraitinga Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in São Luís do Paraitinga
- 5 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to São Luís do Paraitinga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in São Luís do Paraitinga
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 19 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination São Paulo Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Cancún Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- São Luís do Paraitinga Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Tulum Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Saquarema Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de São Paulo Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Piracicaba Intro, 6 reviews
- Brazil Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos