Banff National Park Hotel Tips by Camping_Girl Top 5 Page for this destination
Banff National Park Hotels: 59 reviews and 54 photos
Fireplace & living area
The Hidden Ridge is made up of a number of lodges and cabins, most of which contain 4 suites - 2 up and 2 down. (If you don't like the sound of footsteps above you, make sure you ask for a suite on an upper level.) All suites are self-catering and even include a dishwasher. In addition, all suites have a wood burning fireplace.
We really enjoyed our stay here Feb/06. The feather beds were the best I've ever slept on! The rooms are very comfortable and all units have a locker outside your door to store your skis in.
The resort underwent some major renovations from 2008 and into 2009. There is a new hot tub, overlooking the ridge. The views are incredible! You won't be disappointed at this resort.
Unique Qualities: Candles on the mantle and hand-made soaps from Rocky Mountain Soap company are a really nice touch. So were the nice thick comforters.
The resort has a huge outdoor hot tub which is centrally located. In addition there are a couple of gas bbq's in this area for the use of guests.
Address: 901 Hidden Ridge Way Box 1070 Banff, AB T1L 1H8
Comparison: about average
Directions: Off Tunnel Mountain Road, just up the mountain from downtown Banff.
Other Contact: 403-762-3544
The executive suites at Tunnel Mtn were completely redone a couple of years ago. The suites are GORGEOUS!!! These suites are strictly for 2 people - king size bed, leather couch, marble countertops, steam shower, jetted tub, gas fireplace & private balcony. This is a great place to go for a romantic retreat. All suites also come equipped with a mini fridge, microwave and inroom safe.
I have stayed in one of these suites twice now - once during the winter and once in the fall. The hotel also has an indoor pool & 2 indoor hot tubs, which I have never made it to yet!
Front desk staff are awesome here - super friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. I want to extend a special thank you and 2 thumbs up to Curt - the Ozzie who was working the front desk during our most recent visit. He is a perfect example of everything a front desk employee should be. He even helped me get my laptop connected to the wireless internet! Thanks, Curt.
Unique Qualities: I have never stayed in the chalets at this resort, so I can't comment on those at all. But the newly re-decorated executive suites are super comfortable and beautiful. They have pretty much every amenity you could ask for.
The resort also has a small outdoor playground for the kids and a few barbecues which can be used by resort guests during the summer time.
*Fall is a great time to spend a weekend at this resort if you're looking for a great deal. We rented the weekend after Canadian Thanksgiving, and got a rate of $101 per night for an executive suite!
Address: Tunnel Mountain Road
Comparison: about average
Directions: Above the downtown area, on Tunnel Mountain Drive.
Price: US$180 and up
Small lake in Bow Valley Prov Park
BV Prov Park is just east of Canmore about ten miles, which puts it about 15 miles from the Banff park gates.
This is a really scenic campground - lots of tall trees to provide shade and privacy from your neighbours.
This park consists of 7 separate campgrounds - Lac des Arcs (28 non-serviced sites, pit toilets), Sibbald Lake (134 non-serviced sites, pit toilets), Three Sisters (36 non-serviced sites, pit toilets), Dawson (equestrian campground), Willow Rock (group camping, serviced sites), Bow River (32 non-serviced sites, RV accessible, pit toilets) and Bow Valley (169 sites, RV accessible, some serviced, flush toilets).
Activities include hiking trails, fishing, cycling, windsurfing, wildlife viewing, and interpretive programs - to name a few!
They are open March 31 to October 1-30 each year (dependent on weather).
Unique Qualities: They take reservations - call the number below during the camping season.
Address: 25 km east of Canmore, off Hwy #1
Comparison: least expensive
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (27)
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Banff National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANADA'S FIRST NATIONAL PARK"
- "under re construction please come back"
- "The Canadian Rockies"
- "BANFF NATIONAL PARK"
- "Not Really Bashing Banff But...."
- "Banff National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Banff National Park
- Hotels in Banff National Park
- Transportation in Banff National Park
- Nightlife in Banff National Park
- Restaurants in Banff National Park
- Shopping in Banff National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Banff National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
- Circa 39
- Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
- Affinity Flats
- Mercure Hotel Panorama Freiburg
- Grand Hotel Timeo
- Morgans - Morgans Hotel Group
- The Continental Hotel
- Hotel Skansen
- Zhuhai Hotel
- Hilton Kayseri
- Fall Creek Falls Bed and Breakfast
- Hotel Hacienda Jurica
- Sorrento Youth Hotel
- Hampton Inn Winter Haven
Badges & Stats in Banff National Park
- 30 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 37 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Banff National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Banff National Park
- Posted in Travel Banff National Park Forum "Re: 4 Night Itinerary: Banff,..."
- updated a Banff National Park Travel Page "The Canadian Rockies"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ice Crevasses"
- Wrote a Review Peyto Lake about Lakes in Banff National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Stargazer1's Banff National Park travel pages
Photos in Banff National ParkSee All Photos (80)
Read real reviews about Banff National Park Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Varadero Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (19)
Latest Banff National Park hotel reviews
- Brewster's Kananaskis Guest Ranch
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 23, 2011
- Bow Valley Motel
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 2, 2013
- Patricia Lake Bungalows
- 498 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- The Glacier View Inn
- 85 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Banff Springs Hotel
- 122 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Mt. Engadine Lodge
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 25, 2013
- Moraine Lake/ Valley of Ten Peaks- 40 Reviews, 56 Photos
- Peyto Lake- 28 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Johnston Canyon- 24 Reviews, 39 Photos
- Icefields Parkway- 32 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Lakes /Mountains /Glaciers / Waterfalls- 48 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Hiking/Trails- 20 Reviews, 63 Photos
- Lake Louise/Chateau Lake Louise.- 42 Reviews, 65 Photos
- Sulphur Mountain Gondola- 13 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Bow Lake- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Banff Town/nearby Lakes/Falls- 28 Reviews, 38 Photos
See All Banff National Park Things to Do