Blairmore Warnings Or Dangers Tips by Camping_Girl
Blairmore Warnings and Dangers: 1 reviews and 0 photos
You will see abandoned coal mines all over the Pass area. A tipple is still standing directly south of Bellevue along the #3 highway.
These old buildings are very interesting to a history buff. My hubby is completely enthralled with old mines, for some reason. But no matter how interested or curious or excited you may be about discovering an old mine, DO NOT enter any old mine buildings or shafts. This is extremely dangerous. Gases are still present in many abandoned mine shafts. As well, the old mine shafts and buildings have been abandoned for a long time (some as much as 100 years now). They are very unstable and can collapse without warning. Even the ground around some of the old mines is very unstable - old mine shafts often collapse in this area.
A friend of ours was almost swallowed up by an unknown mine while walking a cat across an open field a few years ago. The ground under him collapsed under the weight of the dozer. No one knew there was an old mine shaft there. There were so many mines in the late 1800's in this area, that not all of them are known at this time.
So, admire and photograph from a safe distance. Avoid exploring at all costs!
More Reviews (15)
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Blairmore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Historic Crowsnest Pass"
- "The Frank Slide"
- "Crowsnest Pass"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blairmore
- Hotels in Blairmore
- Nightlife in Blairmore
- Restaurants in Blairmore
- Warnings and Dangers in Blairmore
- See All...
Explore the World
- Duluth Warnings and Dangers
- Gettysburg Warnings and Dangers
- Bryce Canyon National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Whitehorse Warnings and Dangers
- Estado de Chiapas Warnings and Dangers
- Chincoteague Warnings and Dangers
- Runaway Bay Warnings and Dangers
- Zanzibar Island Warnings and Dangers
- Ladies Day
- Jerusalem District Warnings and Dangers
- Townsville Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Blairmore
- 16 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Blairmore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blairmore
- Posted in Travel Banff National Park Forum "Re: 4 Night Itinerary: Banff,..."
- updated a Blairmore Travel Page "Historic Crowsnest Pass"
- Commented on one of Darby2's Blairmore travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bellevue Underground Mine Tour"
- Wrote a Review Thunder in the Valley in Blairmore Nightlife
Photos in BlairmoreSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Varadero Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 27 photos