"2 hours east of Vancouver..." Hope by Camping_Girl
Hope Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 128 photos
One of my favorite roads is the original Transcanada (#1) highway the runs north from Hope to Cache Creek and then east to Kamloops. You *can* take the shorter and faster (by about an hour) Coquihalla route from Hope to Kamloops. This is a toll road and is great if time is limited. But if you have a whole day to spend getting from Vancouver to Kamloops, I would definitely recommend this road (or the Duffy Lake Road from Whistler to Cache Creek) as a much more scenic and relaxing option to the Coquihalla.
This piece of the #1 highway winds along beside the Fraser River most of the way. There are 7 tunnels on this road, the... more travel advice
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Hope Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2 hours east of Vancouver..."
- "Hope "the Chainsaw Carving Capital”"
- "Discover Hope and beyond"
- "HOPE - Chainsaw carving Capital."
- "A Great Day Trip"
- "Great little town with film making aspirations"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hope
- Hotels in Hope
- Transportation in Hope
- Restaurants in Hope
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hope
- 3 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Hope?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hope
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Varadero Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue