"What a Beautiful Place!" Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson by Camping_Girl

Nelson Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 81 photos

Incredible Heritage Town

For those of you who follow my postings in the travel forum, you'll know that I am constantly raving about Nelson. Maybe these pictures will help you understand why. I was taken aback by the beauty of this town when we first visited.

I want to get back here after I get my bike - these are some great motorcycle roads! Now that a friend of mine has bought a place here, maybe we will be able to visit more often.... I can't get enough of this area!

Historic Buildings Add to the Charm

There are dozens of buildings in Nelson which are on the historic register. The town is very clean and friendly. But there is some controversy regarding their "no dog" policy. Folks are not allowed to bring their dogs downtown with them, even on a leash. They are not allowed! Needless to say, a lot of people appreciate this rule, while a lot of other people do not!

The Lakes

The Kootenays are one of my favorite spots in BC. This picture was taken from the Crawford Bay/Balfour ferry, which crosses Kootenay Lake.

• Pros:Historic Town in a Natural Setting
  • Cons:Haven't found any yet
  • In a nutshell:If you want to relax, go experience "Kootenay Time"!
  • Last visit to Nelson: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Jul 14, 2011

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM

It certainly is a wonderful place-some of the architecture looks medieval Europe. YOu must have a nice time here when visiting and the pictures are well done.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Nice tips!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2010 at 2:33 AM

This is a nice town and a lovely scenic area!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Nelson's a BEAUTIFUL town..and the whole area is amazing..I did a road run once from Vancouver up to Kaslo and West.It was a woman working in the Tourists Booth in Nelson that put me onto the hot springs at Priests Creek..Nice page...good tips!@

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 10:48 AM

After seeing these pics, I can't blame you for raving about Nelson! Wow, this place is really beautiful and it helped that you had great looking weather! The Needles ferry reminded me of similar ones in southern New Brunswick.

Camping_Girl Visits Here Frequently!

Camping_Girl

“Live life like a snowflake; leave a mark, but never a stain.”

Badges & Stats in Nelson