"City in the Sand Dunes" Top 5 Page for this destination Florence by Camping_Girl

Florence Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 513 photos

Florence is a really lovely little city, about midway down the Oregon coast. It is surrounded by sand dunes, which stretch from here all the way to Coos Bay. I really liked the scenery in this area!

Florence is also home to another Mo's Restaurant, we were actually able to find this one and had dinner there. It was very good, especially the bucket of clams - yum!

Dinner at Mo's was great - clam chowder, a bucket of clams to shuck and eat with butter, the biggest crab salad I have ever seen in my life and, of course, fish and chips. The kids rounded out their meal with the biggest pieces of cheesecake I have ever seen! Even with 4 beer for me and hubby the bill was under $50 USD for the five of us.

This photo is of the coastline just north of Florence.

• Last visit to Florence: Aug 2005
  • Intro Written May 25, 2008

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

i really liked florence when i was there. and i have an olmost identical photo myself of the heceta head lighthouse.

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2009 at 12:44 PM

It's been almost 20 years since I was last down that way. Thanks for the more recent photos.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 6:00 PM

What a fantastic coastal location to slow down and enjoy! I can see why the Heceta Head Lighthouse area is so popular and those dunes along the coast are also amazing! Great stuff.

Camping_Girl

“Live life like a snowflake; leave a mark, but never a stain.”

Badges & Stats in Florence

Have you been to Florence?

Latest Activity in Florence