"Lolo Pass" Lolo Hot Springs by Camping_Girl
Lolo Hot Springs Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
We travelled through this area in May 2006 on our harley. It rained the whole way up and through the pass. With about 3 feet of snow still at the top, it was a chilling trip!
This photo is taken in the parking lot of the Lolo Pass Visitor Centre, where we stopped briefly to warm up a bit.
The Visitor Centre is about 10 miles west of the hot springs. We really enjoyed our stop at the hot springs as we were chilled to the bone by the time we got there! By the time we left about 3 hours later the rain had stopped, we were warm and filled up with food, and the remainder of our ride into Missoula was uneventful and very enjoyable.
The hot springs make a nice stop in cooler weather. The hottest pool is very hot! It was interesting to see how they built the pool right around the spring - the water actually flows from the ground right into the pool! My best estimate of the temperature of the water when it comes out of the spring would be about 44C. I couldn't get less than a foot away from the spring - the water was that hot. Of course, on the other side of the pool it was a much more tolerable 36 or 38 degrees.
There is also a heated "cooler pool" outside which is big enough for swimming. There are lots of lounge chairs around the outside pool for sunbathing in the summer time.
We ate at the restaurant/lounge adjacent to the hot springs building. We had a very basic, but well-prepared meal. Prices were quite reasonable, for a resort.
- Pros:A warm oasis on a cold day of riding!
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Lolo Hot Springs Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lolo Hot Springs
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Lolo Hot Springs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lolo Hot Springs
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Varadero Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue