"Scenic Kootenai Falls" Kootenai Falls by Camping_Girl
Kootenai Falls Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 16 photos
Kootenai Falls is located along the #2 highway, between Libby and Troy. There is a large parking lot alongside the highway that can accomodate even the largest of RV's.
There are 2 possible short hikes that you can make from the parking lot; both will take about 15 minutes one-way. Note, only the first piece of this trail is wheel chair accessible, as far as the picnic area. There are pit toilets available at the picnic area as well.
The first part of the trail takes you to a picnic area with fire pits, down the side of the hill, over a bridge that crosses the train tracks, and down a large set of stairs. Once at the bottom, you can go left to the swinging bridge, or right to the falls.
The swinging bridge is a lot of fun, and the hiking trail continues from the other side of the bridge. We did not go any further than the bridge, so I have no idea how far you can hike.
The falls are small, but still spectacular. There were kayakers in the water the day we were there, and I thought they were crazy!
This certainly wouldn't be my choice of things to do, but there were several kayakers at the falls when we were there.... more travel advice
As we were hiking from the bridge to the falls, we came across a small set of waterfalls, and we thought that was "the"... more travel advice
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Kootenai Falls Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kootenai Falls
- 4 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Kootenai Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kootenai Falls
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 31 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Varadero Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue