"Friendly Kooskia" Kooskia by Camping_Girl
Kooskia Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 2 photos
We rode into the tiny little town of Kooskia and stopped here for the night, only because this was the first town we'd rode through in about an hour that even had a motel. It wasn't much of a motel, either. In fact, I'd probably never overnight there again. But, when life gives you lemons......
There are lots of old buildings in Kooskia, and the town does have its charms. Since our hotel room was too dirty to spend any time in, we decided to wander over to the local watering hole. Let me tell you, it takes some serious cahoneys to walk into a little bar full of locals, most of them intoxicated, as an "outsider" dressed in leather chaps and a skull cap. Let's just say the room went dead silent when we walked in. I actually thought I could hear the theme song from "Deliverance" playing somewhere in the distance......
But we're friendly Canucks and it's just possible that all that cold weather plays havoc with the "good judgement" area of our brains. All I know is the beer was 75 cents a glass and we were determined to stay a spell, so it was only a matter of a few minutes until we struck up a conversation with the guy sitting next to us at the bar. The rest, as they say, is history......
By the time we staggered out of the bar several hours later, we had made many friends, heard some amazing stories and told a few of our own, and we had several invitations to come back and visit again. It was a hoot.
We (by "we" I mean "hubby") took a lot more pictures of Kooskia, and then we realized the next day that the card in the camera was full so we only had 2 pictures of Kooskia!
- Pros:Friendly folks, once they warm up to you
- Cons:No decent lodging choices
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Kooskia Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kooskia
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Kooskia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kooskia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Varadero Intro, 18 reviews, 59 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue