"Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1" Top 5 Page for this destination Coeur d'Alene by Camping_Girl

Coeur d'Alene Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 51 photos

So excited to be on our way!

Our first day of travel took us from Nanton, Alberta Canada all the way to CDA Idaho. What an amazing ride! Stopped at Moyie, BC for lunch at Kokanee Cove Hotel. Had a great steak and a cold beer overlooking Moyie Lake. After a ridiculously long delay at the Kingsgate border crossing (I mean, we're on a Harley - right???? We MUST be smuggling something!) we arrived in Sandpoint Idaho around 2:00 pm. Plenty of time for me to do some power shopping. I LOVE shopping in Sandpoint!

After shopping we stopped for a quick brew at Mick Duff's downtown - a new brew pub. We liked their IPA, but not crazy about the wheat ale.

We decided that there was still enough time left in the day to ride to CDA, so we headed out of Sandpoint around 4:00 pm.

Dinner in CDA was at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill. The food was superb. I had the crab cakes, hubby had Cobb Salad. Both were excellent. They have a unique outdoor seating area, where you can watch people walking past on the sidewalk & the cars going past on the street. It was a fun evening and the best part - NO HELMET LAWS!!! What a feeling, to ride down the street with your hair blowing in the wind.

Got to see a couple of Boss Hoss's for the first time - that's a whole lotta bike! Bumper sticker on one said "Yes, it's fast. And, no, you can't ride it."

(See my Baker City, Oregon page, Lewiston, Idaho page, and Bigfork, Montana page for details on the rest of this trip.)

• Pros:Lovely resort town. Great scenery & lots to do with the lake right in town.
  • Last visit to Coeur d'Alene: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Oct 6, 2007

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2007 at 4:39 PM

It sounds like you enjoyed your trip! I like staying in little motels like that too - if you get a good one they can be real gems.

Camping_Girl

“Live life like a snowflake; leave a mark, but never a stain.”

Badges & Stats in Coeur d'Alene

Have you been to Coeur d'Alene?