"Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1" Top 5 Page for this destination Coeur d'Alene by Camping_Girl
Coeur d'Alene Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 51 photos
Our first day of travel took us from Nanton, Alberta Canada all the way to CDA Idaho. What an amazing ride! Stopped at Moyie, BC for lunch at Kokanee Cove Hotel. Had a great steak and a cold beer overlooking Moyie Lake. After a ridiculously long delay at the Kingsgate border crossing (I mean, we're on a Harley - right???? We MUST be smuggling something!) we arrived in Sandpoint Idaho around 2:00 pm. Plenty of time for me to do some power shopping. I LOVE shopping in Sandpoint!
After shopping we stopped for a quick brew at Mick Duff's downtown - a new brew pub. We liked their IPA, but not crazy about the wheat ale.
We decided that there was still enough time left in the day to ride to CDA, so we headed out of Sandpoint around 4:00 pm.
Dinner in CDA was at the Iron Horse Bar & Grill. The food was superb. I had the crab cakes, hubby had Cobb Salad. Both were excellent. They have a unique outdoor seating area, where you can watch people walking past on the sidewalk & the cars going past on the street. It was a fun evening and the best part - NO HELMET LAWS!!! What a feeling, to ride down the street with your hair blowing in the wind.
Got to see a couple of Boss Hoss's for the first time - that's a whole lotta bike! Bumper sticker on one said "Yes, it's fast. And, no, you can't ride it."
(See my Baker City, Oregon page, Lewiston, Idaho page, and Bigfork, Montana page for details on the rest of this trip.)
- Pros:Lovely resort town. Great scenery & lots to do with the lake right in town.
We happened upon this place quite by accident. The sign said $39.95, the place looked well kept up, so we thought "Why... more travel advice
Camping_Girl's Related Pages
Coeur d'Alene Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Lakes"
- "Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1"
- "worldzgirl's new Coeur d'Alene Page"
- "remio's new Coeur d'Alene Page"
- "4th of July at Coeur D'Alene"
- "City of Lakes Surprises in Idaho"
- "Renowned Summer resort"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coeur d'Alene
- Hotels in Coeur d'Alene
- Nightlife in Coeur d'Alene
- Restaurants in Coeur d'Alene
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coeur d'Alene
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Coeur d'Alene?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coeur d'Alene
- Posted in Travel Regina Forum "Re: Wing Nights"
- updated a Coeur d'Alene Travel Page "Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bike Trip of a lifetime - Day 1"
- Commented on one of Xspecht's Coeur d'Alene travel pages
- Wrote a Review In the Heart of the Action! in Coeur d'Alene Restaurants
Photos in Coeur d'AleneSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Waterton Lakes National Park Intro, 53 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Banff National Park Intro, 30 reviews, 80 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Anaheim Intro, 44 reviews, 62 photos
- Varadero Intro, 21 reviews, 78 photos
- Havana Intro, 16 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nelson Intro, 18 reviews, 41 photos
- Needles Intro, 8 reviews, 39 photos
- Vancouver Island Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nanton Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Virginia City Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue