"Thurs 16th March ? Rennes - France" Rennes by RanR

Rennes Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 423 photos

Monsieur the Students are revolting.

Get to road the venue is on for 8.30 students blockading it with burning wheelie bins COOL some workmen led us through the back streets to be confronted by the other end of the road also blockaded. Not so cool, after some negotiation with the they let us through and thats where I now sit typing this up, waiting until 13.30 so we can get in it's now noon Aaahhh!

They've blocked off both ends of the street

The municipal worker pursuaded the students that the vacant looking English bloke should be let through their barricade or they'll be no show tonight. Thankfully they agreed and I had a very quiet street to park on.

Wake up Pete

This is part of the workers rights march by the students of Rennes. This pik is through the windscreen of the bus as they filed past banging drums, using loud hailers, Whistles, and generally shouting. Pete didn't wake up despite this going on inches from his head. That boy can sleep for England!

The City itself

Like the complete fool that I am I forgot my camera and I could have got some great pix this place is very quaint with loads of well worn in buildings and a lot of history. I will endevour to get some of the pix Pete got on his phone. Ah well im learning about this VT mallarkey.

• Last visit to Rennes: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 1, 2006

Comments

RanR

“Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air”

Ranked Member