"Thurs 16th March ? Rennes - France" Rennes by RanR
Rennes Travel Guide: 158 reviews and 509 photos
Get to road the venue is on for 8.30 students blockading it with burning wheelie bins COOL some workmen led us through the back streets to be confronted by the other end of the road also blockaded. Not so cool, after some negotiation with the they let us through and thats where I now sit typing this up, waiting until 13.30 so we can get in it's now noon Aaahhh!
The municipal worker pursuaded the students that the vacant looking English bloke should be let through their barricade or they'll be no show tonight. Thankfully they agreed and I had a very quiet street to park on.
This is part of the workers rights march by the students of Rennes. This pik is through the windscreen of the bus as they filed past banging drums, using loud hailers, Whistles, and generally shouting. Pete didn't wake up despite this going on inches from his head. That boy can sleep for England!
Like the complete fool that I am I forgot my camera and I could have got some great pix this place is very quaint with loads of well worn in buildings and a lot of history. I will endevour to get some of the pix Pete got on his phone. Ah well im learning about this VT mallarkey.
RanR's Related Pages
Rennes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A French city in Bretagne"
- "sandravdp's new Mont St Michel & St Malo Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rennes
- Hotels in Rennes
- Transportation in Rennes
- Nightlife in Rennes
- Restaurants in Rennes
- Shopping in Rennes
- Warnings and Dangers in Rennes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rennes
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Rennes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rennes
Top 10 Pages
- Cayman Islands Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Modena Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Évreux Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Australia and Oceania Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melbourne Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Bristol Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Russell Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- France Intro, 3 photos, 1 travelogue
- Switzerland Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.