"Big City Girl Discovers Glasgow, Montana" Glasgow by Copeseticlady
Glasgow Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 3 photos
Back in April of 2004, I was minding my own business at home, when this charming man from Glasgow, Montana instant messaged me on Yahoo. He had noticed that I played Pinochle, Scrabble & Risk and engaged me in a conversation about games. Well, one thing led to another and in September of 2005 I went to Glasgow, Montana to meet his family. I had met him in person on a previous trip when we met in Billings, Montana.
Like Frank, I found Glasgow has it's own particaular charm. The people there are unusually warm ... perhaps to make up for the extremely cold weather that's often found there. The citizens of Glasgow have an open door policy with each other. They visit one another regularly, chat on the phone amiably and are ready to jump in and assist one another on a moments notice. They wave at each other as they pass each other on the road and stop for brief conversations at Gordon's Warehouse or Pamida
I was amazed at the wide open spaces in Montana. Just out of Glasgow, we went to visit a friend with a small ranch. He has some horses, wagons and a sled there.
The Milk River runs all through the valley in Glasgow. With the trees beginning to turn colors, it made for some really pretty photos
- Pros:The people are very friendly & this is a wonderful place to raise a family. Fort Peck is only 17 miles away where there is fishing, hunting, theatre and other forms of recreation.
- Cons:There is not much variety of stores, and some of the stores have some empty shelves. This makes for little price competition. Also, although there is a clinic right in Glasgow; the nearest full service hospital in Montana is Billings, 280 miles away.
- In a nutshell:The people & their attitude is a drawing force.
Copeseticlady's Related Pages
Glasgow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glasgow: Gateway to Fort Peck and Missouri Breaks"
- "Big City Girl Discovers Glasgow, Montana"
- "Visit to Vandalia, near Glasgow MT"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Glasgow
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Glasgow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glasgow
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.