"Inscription Made By Conquistadors" El Morro National Monument by painterdave
El Morro National Monument Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 40 photos
This exceptional historical site is not exactly on a beaten path as it lies off the main highway through New Mexico. If you have the time, it is worth a visit. During the age of the conquistadors they all seemed to have made it a point to stop and inscribe into the rock their names.
The road, if I remember correctly took us an hour to reach the park from the US Interstate.
There is a Ranger Station with the usual small museum and bookstore. You must hike up the path to the rock, which takes about 10 minutes.
painterdave's Related Pages
El Morro National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grafitti through the ages ..."
- "Graffitti becomes history"
- "Inscription Made By Conquistadors"
- "Pasó por aquí: Passed by here"
- "Basaic El Morro National Monument Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Morro National Monument
- Transportation in El Morro National Monument
- Warnings and Dangers in El Morro National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Morro National Monument
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to El Morro National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Morro National Monument
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos