"Rockland Celebrates The Lobster" Rockland by painterdave
Rockland Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 58 photos
Every summer the whole town of Rockland turns out to make a 4 days festival celebrating the Lobster. Thousands of Lobsters are consumed, posters and souvenirs sold, music is performed and on a Saturday there is a very very long parade with participants from all over Maine.
If you want to see Americana, visit my video page where I have put 4 clips from the parade.
Rockland is a nice town, be sure and visit the waterfront and watch the lobster boats being unloaded.
Two places to eat fresh lobster can be found south of town on the beach road, one of these is Miller's Pound where we sat outdoors in a beautiful setting.
There are many bed and breakfast places in and around Rockland and also motels are in abundance.
During the festival time it is quite crowded as you can imagine.
There is plenty of action in the Rockland Harbor and lots of photo opportunities. Nearby is an old light house you can walk to on a jetty, and they the Owl Point Light house, where nearby you can find two excellent Lobster Pounds where you pick out your lobster and have it cooked for you. You buy lobster here by the pound.
What do they use to attact the lobsters to come into the trap? Well, look at this foto and see the fish being loaded into a big truck and taken to other ports for the fishermen to use.
- Pros:Lobsters taste great when fresh
- Cons:Crowded Festival Time
- In a nutshell:Lobsters Are King Here
Southeast of Rockland there is Owl's Head State Park. Great photo ops and a pathway to visit a lighthouse are to be... more travel advice
Lincolnville is located between Rockland and Belfast on a nice drive inland of the bays. When you come to Lincolnville... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Rockland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rockland Celebrates The Lobster"
- "AnitaJRT's Rockland Maine -- Schooner Adventure"
- "Rockland, Maine..Seacoast Town..Boats and Lobsters"
- "Rockland - Port for Windjammer Schooners"
- "Rockland, Maine - Gateway to Penobscot Bay"
- "Basaic Rockland Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rockland
- Hotels in Rockland
- Transportation in Rockland
- Nightlife in Rockland
- Restaurants in Rockland
- Shopping in Rockland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rockland
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Rockland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rockland
Photos in RocklandSee All Photos (17)
Videos in RocklandSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos