"Belfast, Maine" Belfast by painterdave
Belfast Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 44 photos
If you are visiting the coast and also Bar Harbor and Winter Harbor, Belfast is a good choice to stay. The town is well kept and feels like "old" Maine. The citizens really push fine arts and there are many artists who make a living selling their art.
It is a small town with charm and a colorful harbor, a lobster pound across the bridge, and is a nice drive away to the scenery of Maine. There are also some good art galleries to visit.
If you are looking for a bed and breakfast, there are several good ones in Belfast. I have stayed at "The White House" which has been set aside as a monument, and has great hosts and gourmet breakfasts.
We used this B&B while attending the Rockland Lobster Festival and found it to be the best choice as we stayed away from the crowds and just drove down to the festival for the day.
This happy woman was selling honey and candles made from the wax. The was selling this from the back of her car in a group of folks making a farmer's market. There were lots of things to taste, and look at.
You will see piles of lobster traps everywhere. The fishermen use colored buoys to identify their traps. If you are caught stealing their lobsters you might find a quick way to Davy Jone's Locker. They get real serious about this.
- Pros:few tourist in comparison to Rockland
- Cons:nothing wrong with this town....
- In a nutshell:Belfast tries harder
When arriving in Belfast this was the first place I tried for lobster. I was not disappointed. They serve you a lot of... more travel advice
South of Belfast is the small village of Lincolnville and when you drive past the big white restaurant called... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast, no not THAT Belfast!"
- "Belfast town of bears"
- "Belfast, Maine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 6 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos