"Swink, Colorado" Swink by painterdave
Swink Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Swink, Colorado.....A drive through takes 2 minutes, and you would never realize it, but this is where many great Rodeo participants came from. Bronco Busters, and Brahma Bull Riders are the toughest cowboys in the rodeo, and you will always find some of them were raised in Swink, Colorado.
Swink was also a major factory in the beet sugar industry. The plant was closed down in the 1960's causing many people to lose their jobs and move to the city.
All that is left of the sugar beet factory is the tall smoke stack. During the 1950's you might see three locomotives lined up with cars full of sugar beets at one time.
Highway 50 goes right through the middle of Swink. This highway goes all the way to California, and in Nevada there is a sign that states, "Highway 50, the loneliest highway in America".
Swink is so small that you can hold your breath from one end to the other. But be careful and follow the speed limit. All of the small towns in this area make a point of catching speeders to generate income.
There are many farms that sell produce during the summer along the highway. This area is famous for Rocky Ford Canteloupe and watermelon.
- Pros:Good place for retirement
- Cons:Not much entertainment if you like city life
- In a nutshell:Yippe Kai Yea! Cowboy!!!
painterdave's Related Pages
Swink Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Swink
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Swink?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Swink
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos