"Parker, Colorado" Parker by painterdave
Parker Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 47 photos
I used to live in Parker, and you can easily see Parker in about 10 minutes. They don't have any major monuments or famous buildings. City Hall is a two story brick building with a plain front. Personally I like the mechanical clocks with the moving people on a city hall, but if I brought it up at a town meeting, they wouldn't know what I was talking about.
There are no famous places in Parker. A few miles east of here there was a major battle between the cavalry and the Indians. But that's it. If you want history you have to go to the mining areas or into Denver.
Parker is a place where people live and then drive to Denver for work. They are people who work and struggle to have a good life for their families. They are good people that you would say are "middle America".
Following this are some photos of Parker.
Continuing on down Main Street after two blocks you come to a traffic circle. Parker wanted to be more cosmopolitan and so we have two traffic circles in town.
You may notice the Christmas decorations. Parker does a more than adequate job at this.
If you look toward the west you have a great view of the snow covered peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The ones you can see here are above 14,000 feet, almost three miles above sea level.
Parker is at a higher altitude than Denver, which likes to remind people that they are at one mile above sea level.
We are 45 minutes drive away from the base of the mountains.
- Pros:People are happy here
- Cons:1200 miles to the Pacific Ocean
- In a nutshell:Great View of Rockies/friendly people
It is a tradition in the southwest that many families make tamales for Christmas meals. The smell of tamales being... more travel advice
The living symbol of the west is the Buffalo. They used to roam over the prairie and the Indians were able to survive by... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Parker Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Parker
- Hotels in Parker
- Transportation in Parker
- Restaurants in Parker
- Shopping in Parker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Parker
- 14 Reviews
- 47 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Parker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Parker
Photos in ParkerSee All Photos (47)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos