"Aspen Beauty" Aspen by painterdave
Aspen Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 235 photos
Aspen has always been a special place in Colorado. It has tried to keep a quality image and not pursue the plasticity of a tourist trap. It has basically succeeded, but on the other hand, it is a place for mainly the well to do.
The surrounding mountain area of Aspen is well worth a visit, especially Maroon Bells. This place has been set aside, and its maintenance is paid for by a small entrance fee. Expect to stay a whole day and picnic. There is a great hiking trail and several lakes along the way.
In the other direction you can drive up to an old ghost town called Independence.
I have place photos of each below.
On Independence Pass just out of Aspen you will find this old gold mining town. Most of the houses are gone now, but you can walk down to the few that are still here.
- Pros:Beautiful Scenery
- Cons:Expensive for lodging/hard to get to
- In a nutshell:One of the best parts of Colorado
painterdave's Related Pages
Aspen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The rich but not famous"
- "Aspen - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"
- "The Allure of Aspen in August"
- "Aspen and Carbondale, whirlwind trip"
- "Amazing Aspen!"
- "Aspen - not just a ski town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aspen
- Hotels in Aspen
- Transportation in Aspen
- Nightlife in Aspen
- Restaurants in Aspen
- Shopping in Aspen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aspen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aspen
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Aspen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aspen
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos