"Agios Nikolaos (Selinitsa)" Top 5 Page for this destination West Mani by painterdave
West Mani Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 182 photos
There is no way to add the village of Agios Nikolaos to VT, so I have to place it in west mani.
This small village is more Greek that the other tourist overwhelmed villages. You can see the fisherman bring their catch in and display it on a big table at the dock. Village men come to watch and sit at a table just over the table. The village also has many tavernas open during the summer, eating outdoors in the always cool evening. Life goes on slowly here, but isn't that what you want? I did, and was surprised to find it better than expected.
The bakery is exceptional, and I recommend the taverna that has the brown chairs as a good place to have your first meal. The others have blue.
Please see the photos included to give you an idea how nice it is there.
There is also a webcam from the top of a bar that shows the small harbor and street. see it at http://www.agnik.de/
- Pros:What you dream for
- In a nutshell:Agios Nikolaos remains the best choice for us
There are many choices of beaches near Agios Nikolaos, on both sides of the village. We chose 3 different ones, each one... more travel advice
In the village of Agios Nikolaos you will find a small port where the fishermen bring their catch in at 9:00 in the... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
West Mani Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mani in Laconia area - Peloponnese - Greece"
- "Mani, a special part of Greece"
- "Agios Nikolaos (Selinitsa)"
- "Mani, a unknown treasure..."
- "Agio Nikolaos in West Mani"
- "Wild land..."
- "Greece - Mani"
- See All...
- Things to Do in West Mani
- Hotels in West Mani
- Restaurants in West Mani
- Shopping in West Mani
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Mani
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to West Mani?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Mani
Photos in West ManiSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos