"Old Poet's Home" Arqua Petrarca by painterdave
Arqua Petrarca Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 47 photos
In the United States we have too many places where there is a sign saying, George Washington slept here, or Lincoln lived here.
In Italy there are no signs like this, but if the name of the village is named after someone, then you know there is a connection. Here is the village of Arqua Petraca, a quiet little place hanging on the side of hills south of Padova. Not much to see, the house of Petraca, the medieval village, a few bars, a trattoria or two and one AWESOME winery that I am suggesting a visit if you are in the area.
See my restaurant page for this village.
It takes about 40 minutes from Padova to arrive at Petraca, if you don't get lost.
See map link below.
You will visit this if you have a nice drive to other side of hill. Shown here to show you what to expect.
- Pros:many good trattorias in the hills
- Cons:parking is a walk up to the village
- In a nutshell:The wine is worth the trip alone
If you are looking for something light, a snack, or just a coffee, this might be a good choice. Located just above La... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Arqua Petrarca Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Arqua Petrarca
- Hotels in Arqua Petrarca
- Transportation in Arqua Petrarca
- Restaurants in Arqua Petrarca
- Shopping in Arqua Petrarca
- Warnings and Dangers in Arqua Petrarca
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arqua Petrarca
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Arqua Petrarca?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arqua Petrarca
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos