"Asolo, A quick GET AWAY from city life" Top 5 Page for this destination Asolo by painterdave
Asolo Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 64 photos
If you are visiting Venice, Padova or Vicenza you might tire of the busy lifestyle and wish to spend some time relaxing in a peaceful village. Asolo could be your answer.
This village perched on the side of a tall hill, has many things to offer, two castles, a nice piazza, great restaurants, and some small streets for walking and taking photos of this village.
Asolo is about one hour from Padova by car. Parking is found at the bottom of the hill with a convenient bus that takes you up for one euro. You can also find parking above, but this will be more costly.
Walking from the lower parking lot is a bit more serious kind of walking uphill, so if you are not in shape for this, don't plan on it.
Centered around the piazza are many restaurants, and along the street coming up the hill are some nice shops. Beware of gourmet food that does not have a price on it, always ask...how much?
We visited Asolo when they were having a flea market, and this is a photo from that day. It was not a large market and we saw just about everything in just under an hour.
The bakery on the corner has gelato and features some very tasty baked goods.
We did not eat in restaurants here, instead we went to Monfumo, a village north of Asolo. You will find the tip for this restaurant listed under Asolo since it is very close.
Incidentally there is a well know slow food restaurant in Pagnano, which is also 5 minutes away from Asolo. For this ristorante you will need reservations in most cases.
You will soon see a tip for this restaurant listed under Asolo.
- Pros:Small and peaceful
- Cons:Walking uphill to get there
- In a nutshell:This is a nice place to relax
painterdave's Related Pages
Asolo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Hidden Jewel Near Venice"
- "Asolo, A quick GET AWAY from city life"
- "Town of solitude"
- "Asolo:the love of D'Annunzio and Eleonora Duse"
- "if you are escaping from Venice..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Asolo
- Hotels in Asolo
- Transportation in Asolo
- Restaurants in Asolo
- Shopping in Asolo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Asolo
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Asolo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Asolo
- Posted in Travel Liguria Forum "Re: Retiring to Italy "
- Commented on one of oriettaIT's Asolo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Slow Food With A View in Asolo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Slow Food With A View"
- Uploaded a Video to Asolo
- created a Asolo Travel Page "Asolo, A quick GET AWAY from city life"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos