"The View From Barga!" Top 5 Page for this destination Barga by painterdave
Barga Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 66 photos
For years I have heard from a friend all about Barga. This past month I was finally able to go and take a look. I was not disappointed.
The climb to the top of Barga just about did me in, but was worth it. The view from the church is beautiful. Snow covered mountains on three sides.
We did not get much of a chance to explore Barga, but we did get to the amazing pasticceria, and my best tip is that if you leave Barga before going to taste and see. You have missed Barga.
There is also an amazing, and quite affordable ristorante further up the road in Turritecava.
Shown here is some offerings from the pasticceria. This was after a long morning and I think many items have already been consumed, you see only what was left.
These lion statues are so very similar to the ones in a church in Modena, and have the same kind of subject, the lion standing on top of a person. I am sure the same artist created both.
- Pros:Great Festival in Summer
- Cons:Parking is difficult
- In a nutshell:My Friend Was Right About It
Walking the streets of Barga you will find some great shops, great snack foods, and lots of window shopping. However, to... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Barga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Working Village"
- "Bountiful Barga"
- "Bella Barga!"
- "A place to live in"
- "The View From Barga!"
- "Sidetrip to Barga"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Barga
- Hotels in Barga
- Transportation in Barga
- Restaurants in Barga
- Shopping in Barga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Barga
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Barga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Barga
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos