"Survived the Plague" Burano by painterdave
Burano Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 688 photos
Well known for the multi colored houses on an island near Venice is this small and quiet village. Also known for the fact that during the plague they did not allow any boats to dock and so NOT one person came down with the plague. All this while doctors in Venice were running around with those masques now famous... big noses and all.
It is good to spend at least a half day here, walking the canals, early morning is best for the sun in your photos. You can walk it all in 3 hours, but you will want to stop and go inside some shops, and have a bite to eat. There are some nice trattorias, and the further away from the boat dock, we feel, the cheaper and better the food.
- Pros:Quiet Experience So Different That Venice
- In a nutshell:Check out the leaning spire when you are there
painterdave's Related Pages
Burano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burano – colour your soul"
- "Burano - land of thousands colours"
- "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- "Burano - Colourful Little Island of the Lagoon"
- "Colourful Burano"
- "Bold, Beautiful, But Buggy, Burano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burano
- Transportation in Burano
- Nightlife in Burano
- Restaurants in Burano
- Shopping in Burano
- Warnings and Dangers in Burano
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burano
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Burano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burano
Photos in BuranoSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos