"Lago Misurina Exceptional Dolomite Area" Lago di Misurina by painterdave
Lago di Misurina Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 44 photos
Coming from living in Colorado I didn't expect to see such beauty and difference in mountains. While not as high in alititude, it "feels" like 10,000 feet and "looks" like 10,000 feet and the trees are just as tall, the lake is quiet and beautiful. However, the tops of the peaks in this area are craggy and rugged and majestic as Maroon Bells near Aspen. If you are ever in the Veneto Region and have a few days to venture into the mountains I recommend this lake area.
We also visited Cortina which is just over the pass, but it is way far more crowded and less tranquil. See my page on a hotel that I recommend and also a restaurant on the way down from Cortina in Vodo de Codore which is affordable and a local hangout for great food.
Show here is the view from the hotel I recommend. Not only is the view totally surrounded by these high peaks of rock, but they offer a reasonable price on food with the room that is difficult to pass up.
This small lake, Lago Misurina, is totally surrounded by these craggy peaks, and glacial valleys. There is also a toll road above the lake, which costs 20 euros. We did not travel on this road, but it goes to the Tre Cime di Lavaredo which is a famous peak.
- Pros:Try to find a good weather day with no rain
- Cons:snow depth in winter was 6 meters at one time
- In a nutshell:Fewer tourist than Cortina and more scenery to view
painterdave's Related Pages
Lago di Misurina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chasing a reflection of the dawn: Tre Cime"
- "The vision splendid"
- "A gem surrounded by the Dolomiti mountains"
- "Lago Misurina Exceptional Dolomite Area"
- "Misurina: the lake and the Dolomites"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lago di Misurina
- Hotels in Lago di Misurina
- Transportation in Lago di Misurina
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lago di Misurina
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Lago di Misurina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lago di Misurina
Photos in Lago di MisurinaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos