"Marvelous Modena" Top 5 Page for this destination Modena by painterdave
Modena Travel Guide: 221 reviews and 756 photos
Modena is a gentle city, and the people who live there show it by their smiles and courteous attitudes. A pleasant walk around the city followed by a discovery of the cuisine that is treasured by its inhabitants--this is the delight of Modena to me.
The history of Modena.. once under the rule of the father of Brutus, called the beautiful mutina by Cicero, and later ruled for many years by the Este family who were known to hold grand dinner pageants for their guests.
If you walk near the Communal Palace, you will undoubtedly see cadets who are billeted in the area and go to school in the Palace.
When you visit the market you will see so many different things to eat. Specializing in using ingredients inside pasta is one of them.
- Pros:A good day visit
- In a nutshell:See my pages on shopping/dining
Began in 1184 this cathedral is a World Heritage Site. Saint Geminianus, Modena's patron saint is buried in a tomb... more travel advice
Specializing in all types of pasta, from super fancy to speghetti.....Walk in and order by the weight. Even if you don't... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Modena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Modena - Citta Ducale"
- "Visiting an old friend"
- "Marvelous Modena"
- "Faster than a Ferrari"
- "Green Modena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Modena
- Hotels in Modena
- Transportation in Modena
- Nightlife in Modena
- Restaurants in Modena
- Shopping in Modena
- Warnings and Dangers in Modena
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Modena
- 11 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Modena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Modena
Photos in ModenaSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos