"Greek Monuments in Italy/Paestum" Paestum by painterdave
Paestum Travel Guide: 94 reviews and 198 photos
The ruins of Paestum allows the visitor to view temples built before the Roman times and also the foundations of the houses and shops along the via. If you go in the Fall of Spring the crowds will be smaller and you can sit and enjoy the structures without so many people getting in the way of your photos.
I recommend a good guide book that you can pick up in the many souvenir shops at the entrance.
The beaches near here are very nice for swimming, and you can also find good lodging in the nearby agritourismos.
- Pros:Well Kept Ruins...
- In a nutshell:Paestum is a pleasant day experience
We found this place by accident, or actually out of desperation, driving around looking for a place to eat. The food... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Paestum Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Paestum's Temples"
- "Paestum - Best Archaeological Site in Campania"
- "The temples of Paestum"
- "Paestum - Magna Graecia"
- "Paestum - a hidden gem"
- "Greek Monuments in Italy/Paestum"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paestum
- Hotels in Paestum
- Transportation in Paestum
- Nightlife in Paestum
- Restaurants in Paestum
- Warnings and Dangers in Paestum
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paestum
- 3 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (38)
Have you been to Paestum?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paestum
Photos in PaestumSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Trieste Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos