"Paris on a Budget" Paris by painterdave
Paris Travel Guide: 22,149 reviews and 53,809 photos
Some people come away hating Paris and some fall in love with it. It seems like those that are not happy with their visit let a little rudeness, grime, litter, graffiti and dog leavings get in their way. They also seem to forget that the people of Paris are possessive of their city. Not only are they invaded during war time, but they are constantly invaded by tourists.
Here's some happy thoughts about visiting Paris. Do your homework and study a map of Paris before you go. Know where the tower is located in comparison to Notre Dame. Find the Louvre. Know your other land marks. Learn some basic phrases, and alway say hello when you enter a shop and say goodbye. That is expected good behavior for everyone.
Here are some shots of the Paris cityscape. You can see it is a huge city. You will do a lot of walking, so you had better be wearing comfortable shoes.
Please visit my various "tips" pages.
Can you guess where this shot was taken? If you know the answer you are Ready to GO!
Walking along the river you can view the back side of Notre Dame which allows you to see how it is built and why it doesn't collapse. Be sure and take the time to go all the way around the cathedral. If you go early morning or late afternoon the shadows will lend a contrast for great photos.
- Pros:When you see it for the first time--WOW
- Cons:Hotels are too expensive
- In a nutshell:The Parisians are friendly if you smile
One of the VT folks wrote me that the Samaritaine is now closed. It would be worth a chance to go to this building and... more travel advice
Don't just exit the tour bus and go into Notre Dame. Look around, walk a complete circle around the cathedral. See the... more travel advice
painterdave's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 13 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 17 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Padova Intro, 53 reviews, 146 photos
- Venice Intro, 28 reviews, 84 photos
- Chania Intro, 21 reviews, 79 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 21 reviews, 68 photos
- Lago di Garda Intro, 15 reviews, 56 photos
- Parker Intro, 14 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Modena Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 39 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Paris hotel reviews
- Citea Paris La Villette
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Hotel Opera Frochot Paris
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hostel Blue Planet
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- La Villa Maillot
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2012
- Ibis Paris CDG Terminal Roissy
- 527 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Mercure Paris Arc de Triomphe Etoile
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Astrid Hotel
- 135 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- Hotel Marclau
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 24, 2012
- Montfleuri Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2013
- Hotel Horset Washington
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 16, 2012
- Hotel Troyon
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2012
- Ramada Tour Eiffel Paris
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Sibour Hotel
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2012
- Cite Bergere
- 1 Review & Opinion