"when the goin' gets tough..well,u know the rest!" Arlington by adana05

Arlington Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 85 photos

the quickest way to a vacation!

Living in Louisiana theyre arent many places my family of four would enjoy that doesnt require alot of driving time.Being that my kids are 7 & 5 alot of driving time is not what my husband & I consider a good start to our vacation.So where can we go that isnt too far & has TONS of stuff for everybody?Arlington,Texas!!A picnic lunch(that we normally dont get to)and a straight through 4 hour drive and were on our way to the fun stuff!

Aaah! The fun stuff!

You probably are asking "what kind of fun stuff?".Well,dont worry Im gonna tell you.We love Six Flags.We buy season passes every year and visit almost every day were in Arlington,even if its only for a few hours.Every thing else we plan around Six Flags. That bein' said, youve got the Dallas zoo which aint very far from Arlington.Id say about a 10 minute drive.Youve got the aquarium, two actually,but one is more like a room w/fish.One is an aquarium w/zoo.Alot bigger,much better.Both are in Dallas,but again right outside of Arlington. You have Ripleys Believe It Or Not & the wax museum in Grand Prairie.And of course dont forget the Dallas mall for those shopaholics!

Okay!Im gettin' to the Arlington fun stuff!

Okay so youre like "why dont you just stay in Dallas?" arent you?Well,aside from the obvious reasons..traffic,crime,uhh did i mention TRAFFIC,I still havent mentioned all the stuff in arlington!Youve got Hurricane Harbor,Ameriquest Field..home of the Texas Rangers,plenty of museums,golf courses,Johnnie Highs country music revue fur you country music lovers,The Parks at Arlington for the shoppers,and for people like me who love finding a great restaurant,the choices are endless.So every reason to go on vacation you can find in Arlington.And when we need that quick vacation "fix" and the goin' gets tough..we get goin' to Arlington Texas!!!!!!

• Pros:six flags and all the many differ. restaurants
  • Cons:the traffic is much more hectic than im used to.
  • In a nutshell:a little drive for a big vacation
  • Last visit to Arlington: Sep 2005
  • Intro Written Jan 25, 2006

Comments

adana05 Visits Here Frequently!

adana05

“plan!plan!plan!”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Arlington

Have you been to Arlington?

Latest Activity in Arlington