"Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi by Azri_Azmi
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,522 reviews and 3,903 photos
My first visit to Langkawi happened in 1993. It was an unplanned visit as at that time I was still studying in a local college in Kuala Lumpur. The occasion that brought me to Langkawi was the LIMA '93. LIMA is the Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition that being held for every 2 years which started since 1991. The decision to go to Langkawi being decided in just 2 days before myself and 2 of my friends took a bus journey from Puduraya Kuala Lumpur to Penang and then took another bus ride from Penang to Kuala Kedah before reaching Langkawi via the service ferry. As we haven't made any booking, it was kinda struggling for us to find a room during the total packed peaked season especially when LIMA was taking place at the Langkawi International Airport Exhibition Centre. At last, we managed to get a chalet room somewhere at Pantai Kok. From that moment, I knew I'm in love with Langkawi and now I am a regular visitor to Langkawi because I have lots of family members there in Langkawi.
My reason of saying that Langkawi is the best Island for a vacation in Malaysia is that the numbers of activity that you can do here and it is not only specific to sea related activities such as snorkeling, SCUBA diving, boating etc.
It has Lots of places to visits and visitor can learn many historical & mythical story about Langkawi.
Langkawi is a duty free island that offers many shopping choices with good and reasonable price for all.
The food here is tasty especially the local delicacies, recommended from the night market & Thai/Malaysian restaurants.
Natural landscapes and beaches making this island a great getaway spot from city havocs.
Beside that, the people are very friendly and it is easy to get along with them in just a seconds of time. They are proud about their island and ready to welcome visitors.
Due to massive development in the late 90's, Pantai Kok once offering lots of budget chalet to stay is now being scrapped and the Pantai Kok is now known as a Marina where lots of private and luxury yacht anchored at the well setup marina. There's also a Hollywood film Setup here for the film of "Anna & the King". Pantai Kok will always be my favourite beach either to take a swim or to enjoy phanoramic ocean view. Swimming here at Pantai Kok is like swimming in a very calm lake with good quality of seawater.
Now, we can still do our swimming activities here in Pantai Kok but there is no nearby budget chalet to stay overnight.
Feel free to drop a mail for me if you are planning about going to Langkawi. I am willing to give you a second opinion, tips and honest advises. Even to introduce you to some local contacts and family members so that your trip to Langkawi will become more flowerish.
I do not want this tip to be a redundant info of my other 'Kuih Peneram' tip that I wrote inside the Shopping folder.... more travel advice
Are you planning to visit Langkawi with your yacht and looking for a marina? Well, Langkawi do have few marina to choose... more travel advice
- See All Local Design Clothes, T Shirt & Sarung...
- See All Karaoke Fun - #2
- See All The Langkawi Express (Train)
- Cut Throat Restaurant - Jala Restaurant
- History of Langkawi
Azri_Azmi's Related Pages
Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- "LANGKAWI .WHERE THE HEART IS"
- "Pulau Langkawi"
- "Where heaven and earth meets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pulau Langkawi
- Hotels in Pulau Langkawi
- Transportation in Pulau Langkawi
- Nightlife in Pulau Langkawi
- Restaurants in Pulau Langkawi
- Shopping in Pulau Langkawi
- Warnings and Dangers in Pulau Langkawi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi
- 53 Reviews
- 200 Photos
- 52 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pulau Langkawi
- updated a Pulau Langkawi Travel Page "Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island"
- Posted in Travel Melaka Forum "Re: Activities among the local..."
- Wrote a Review Freshly Made 'Kuih Peneram' - Kuah Night Market in Pulau Langkawi Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Freshly Made 'Kuih Peneram' - Kuah Night Market"
- Commented on one of Blondiina's Pulau Langkawi travel pages
Photos in Pulau LangkawiSee All Photos (200)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 53 reviews, 200 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shah Alam Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Hangzhou Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos