"Langkawi - Historic Mythical Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi by Azri_Azmi

Pulau Langkawi Travel Guide: 1,522 reviews and 3,903 photos

Myself & Langkawi

My first visit to Langkawi happened in 1993. It was an unplanned visit as at that time I was still studying in a local college in Kuala Lumpur. The occasion that brought me to Langkawi was the LIMA '93. LIMA is the Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition that being held for every 2 years which started since 1991. The decision to go to Langkawi being decided in just 2 days before myself and 2 of my friends took a bus journey from Puduraya Kuala Lumpur to Penang and then took another bus ride from Penang to Kuala Kedah before reaching Langkawi via the service ferry. As we haven't made any booking, it was kinda struggling for us to find a room during the total packed peaked season especially when LIMA was taking place at the Langkawi International Airport Exhibition Centre. At last, we managed to get a chalet room somewhere at Pantai Kok. From that moment, I knew I'm in love with Langkawi and now I am a regular visitor to Langkawi because I have lots of family members there in Langkawi.

Whats Langkawi Has to Offer?

My reason of saying that Langkawi is the best Island for a vacation in Malaysia is that the numbers of activity that you can do here and it is not only specific to sea related activities such as snorkeling, SCUBA diving, boating etc.

It has Lots of places to visits and visitor can learn many historical & mythical story about Langkawi.

Langkawi is a duty free island that offers many shopping choices with good and reasonable price for all.

The food here is tasty especially the local delicacies, recommended from the night market & Thai/Malaysian restaurants.

Natural landscapes and beaches making this island a great getaway spot from city havocs.

Beside that, the people are very friendly and it is easy to get along with them in just a seconds of time. They are proud about their island and ready to welcome visitors.

Where's my favourite beach? Pantai Kok.

Due to massive development in the late 90's, Pantai Kok once offering lots of budget chalet to stay is now being scrapped and the Pantai Kok is now known as a Marina where lots of private and luxury yacht anchored at the well setup marina. There's also a Hollywood film Setup here for the film of "Anna & the King". Pantai Kok will always be my favourite beach either to take a swim or to enjoy phanoramic ocean view. Swimming here at Pantai Kok is like swimming in a very calm lake with good quality of seawater.

Now, we can still do our swimming activities here in Pantai Kok but there is no nearby budget chalet to stay overnight.

May I Help You?

Feel free to drop a mail for me if you are planning about going to Langkawi. I am willing to give you a second opinion, tips and honest advises. Even to introduce you to some local contacts and family members so that your trip to Langkawi will become more flowerish.

• Last visit to Pulau Langkawi: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2014

• Jan 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

hi Azri azmi

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Excellent updates. Kuih Peneram looks like "donut". Bring back fond memories of Langkawi Laksa. SL :)

• Langkagirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM

This is also one of my favourites! I love their seawoodsoup and crab, prawn well everything I guess! Hope to meet you once in Langkawi

• beetlebummer's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2007 at 2:33 AM

Greetings from Singapore. Langkawi has always been a place I've wanted to visit for the longest time. Insyaallah I will one day and I will give you a call....

• deedo's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Really interesting pages... I am planning to have a trip in Malaysia. Greetings!

• NURIA35's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 4:15 PM

ALL I CAN SAY AFTER READING UR MALASYA'S TIPS IS.... FANTASTIC! EXTREMLY USEFUL! THANK'S 4 UR TIPS AZRI!!!!!!!!!!!

• fiona.p's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 7:59 PM

thanks so much for answering one of my questions on langkawi your info on langkawi is great got alot of great tips! regards fiona :)

• idahayat's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2006 at 4:18 AM

Kalau masak ikan tiga rasa macam at TomYam Klasik Melaka mesti power?

• solopes's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 4:44 PM

Nice page about an interesting island

• JuraidahJ's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2006 at 9:16 PM

tak sangka Langkawi got a lot to offeer ya.. i ni blum lagi ke sana.

Azri_Azmi Visits Here Frequently!

Azri_Azmi

“Kindness is a treasure.....”

Badges & Stats in Pulau Langkawi

Have you been to Pulau Langkawi?