"My Melaka" Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka by Azri_Azmi
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,562 reviews and 3,793 photos
I was born here in March 1975. But only in year 2000 I start to live in Melaka. My primary schooldays & my secondary schooldays, I did all in Kuala Lumpur & Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan. Even I graduated from a local college in Kuala Lumpur. Never had a chance of knowing much about my hometown but during those years, I frequently travel to Melaka with my parents visiting my grandmother. Now, after 6 years staying in Melaka, I love my hometown a lot. The environments are so peaceful, away from city havoc and the people are friendly. In Melaka, I'm staying in the Tanjung Minyak district which is a 20 minutes drive from Melaka town and 10 minutes drive to the famous Klebang beach. I am working with a local company here based in Batu Berendam. Batu Berendam Airport is a landmark here and there will be a massive expension of this airport to cater big commercial aircraft such as Boeing 737 and Airbus A320. It is a good step to boost the travel industry here in Melaka because the nearest International Airport to Melaka is the Kuala Lumpur International Airport which is 1 1/2 hours away.
Melaka being founded in the 1396 by Raja Iskandar (King Iskandar) a.k.a Parameswara. Because of its strategic location, Melaka became famous especially for foreign trader (strategic port/harbour) to trades varieties of goods. This then invited interest by foreign power to conquered Melaka and rules the Straits of Melaka.
Being invaded by Portugese in 1511, by the Dutch in 1641 in a vicious fight between Portugese & Dutch. In 1795, the Dutch handed Melaka to the British in avoiding being invaded by the French after Napoleon War. (The Dutch lost to the French). Being again handed to the Dutch by British in 1818 but then as an exchange to Bangkahulu Sumatera, the Dutch handed Melaka for the 2nd time to British in 1826 to syncronize British Colonial in Malaysia that inclusives of Melaka, Penang & Singapore.
Although Melaka is situated 2 hours away from the capital Kuala Lumpur, it is an important state to visit. What I wanna stress out here that Melaka is a must visit place in Malaysia because here is the beginning of Malaysia. Visiting Melaka meant visiting Malaysia. And of course not to forget the elements below :-
> The History.
> The culture.
> The people.
> The food.
> And lots of interesting places......
- Pros:Many places to visit and learn pass history of Malaysia
Pantai Puteri once known as Pantai Kundur. This beach is one of the best & cleanest beach here in Melaka. The water is... more travel advice
If you are a member of Okinawan Shorin Ryu Seibukan Karate Do, you may visit or meet your fellow member here in Melaka.... more travel advice
Written Mar 10, 2007
The Animal Planet !!!
Written Jan 12, 2007
Flooding In Melaka - A Remembrance
Azri_Azmi's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 35 Reviews
- 133 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
- Wrote a Review Visiting Pantai Puteri / Puteri's Beach in Melaka Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visiting Pantai Puteri / Puteri's Beach"
- Posted in Travel Johor Bahru Forum "Re: Recommend for hotel in JB"
- Commented on one of Jim_Eliason's Melaka travel pages
- updated a Melaka Travelogue "The Animal Planet !!!"
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (133)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pulau Langkawi Intro, 53 reviews, 200 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melaka Intro, 35 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 13 reviews, 57 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 12 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 8 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shah Alam Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Hangzhou Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos
- Johor Bahru Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos
- Pulau Pangkor Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mersing Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
Latest Melaka hotel reviews
- A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
- 257 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Shah's Beach Resort Melaka
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Mahkota Hotel Melaka
- 256 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- The Golden Legacy Hotel Melaka
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Riviera Bay Resort
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 14, 2013
- Renaissance Melaka Hotel
- 279 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- D-Paradise Park and Resort
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2010
- Tanjung Bidara Beach Resort
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 6, 2013
- Bayview Hotel Melaka
- 100 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 10, 2013
- Hotel Orkid Melaka
- 18 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Harbour Inn
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012
- The Emperor Hotel Malacca
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Klebang Beach Resort
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 26, 2012
- Hotel Puri
- 459 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013