"Mt Sterling, Montgomery County" Mount Sterling by Ericasmurf99
Mount Sterling Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 54 photos
A few friends of mine moved here after high school, due to its location. It is in between Morehead, where my friends take classes, and Lexington, where they have jobs and a better nightlife. So when I come to Mt Sterling, it is to stay/visit my friends.
Hugh Forbes, the first settler here, was allowed to name the town. He selected the name Mount Stirling, after a town in his native Scotland.
Somewhere, somehow, someone misspelled the name and Kentucky never changed it to the original spelling.
Ruth Tharpe Hunt served homemade sweets to her bridge club. In 1921 she decided to start a small candy business. Today,... more travel advice
Ericasmurf99's Related Pages
Mount Sterling Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Sterling"
- "Mt. Sterling"
- "Mt Sterling, Montgomery County"
- "Basaic Mount Sterling Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Sterling
- Restaurants in Mount Sterling
- Shopping in Mount Sterling
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Sterling
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Sterling
- 3 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Mount Sterling?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Sterling
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 71 reviews, 206 photos, 6 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- West Liberty Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ruinas Kohunlích Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Florida Keys Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Nassau Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Isla de Roatán Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos