Key West Local Custom Tips by Ericasmurf99 Top 5 Page for this destination
Key West Local Customs: 67 reviews and 97 photos
14th annual Robert Frost festival. Poetry readings at the Frost Cottage.
Picnics and fireworks, what more can I say?
Hemingway Days events includes a Ernest Hemingway look-alike contest, readings and book signings, annual Lorian Hemingway (Ernest's grand daughter) Short Story Competition, a commemoration of the anniversary of Hemingway's July 21 birth, a one-man play exploring the legendary author's life and motivations, a museum exhibit of rare Hemingway memorabilia, the zany "Running of the Bulls", a three-day marlin tournament, daily tours of the author's former Key West home, Sloppy Joe's Arm Wrestling Contest, a Caribbean street fair, Green Parrot Off-the-Wall Sidewalk Art Show and a 5k sunset run through Old Town Key West. Whew. I think that is everything.
Fort Taylor and the surronding area in the Truman Annex are transformed into a pirates’ stronghold with hundreds of pirate entertainers. Tall ships, sea battles, arts and crafts, pirate sails, a living history encampment and nonstop entertainment will keep you entertained!
This festival is held in Key West's Bahama Village neighborhood. Features Caribbean island-style food, handmade African arts and crafts, live entertainment and dancing in the streets. This is sort of the "intro" for Fantasy Fest.
Costumes: Super Heroes
“Pirates, Pundits, and Political Party Animals” is the theme for this year's 30th Fantasy Fest. A packed schedule of costume competitions, promenades and street fairs, and a grand parade featuring marching groups and lavish floats will fill the ten days. Every night will usually have a theme (i.e. leather on tuesday, plaid on thursday, etc).
Not really a time to visit with the kiddies...lots of nudity/body paint/drunks...
Don't worry if you planned a trip down here with kids and you didn't know this would be going on...you'll be safe during the day, most of the craziness begins at night.
More Reviews (62)
- See All Catch all the sunset acts - Especially...
- See All When Pigeons Attack - Fogartys
- See All A Key Encounter
- See All Lots of taxis are available
Ericasmurf99's Related Pages
Key West Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Parents of a "Conch""
- "key west florida"
- "Where others have failed, Key West SECEDED"
- "Key West, Florida"
- "Key West Driving Trip May 3-12, 2003"
- "On the road to Key West & Fantasy Fest 2006"
- "The Key to my Heart; Key West, Florida"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Key West
- Hotels in Key West
- Transportation in Key West
- Nightlife in Key West
- Restaurants in Key West
- Shopping in Key West
- Warnings and Dangers in Key West
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Key West
- 71 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Key West?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Key West
- Posted in Travel Anchorage Forum "Re: October 2010 Trip"
- Wrote a Review Catch all the sunset acts - Especially the CatMan! about Mallory Square in Key West Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Catch all the sunset acts - Especially the CatMan!"
- created a Key West Travelogue "Key West Sunsets as seen from....."
- Commented on one of mafootje's Key West travel pages
Photos in Key WestSee All Photos (206)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Key West Intro, 71 reviews, 206 photos, 6 travelogues
- Iceland Intro, 34 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- West Liberty Intro, 19 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ruinas Kohunlích Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos
- Florida Keys Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Nassau Intro, 7 reviews, 23 photos
- Isla de Roatán Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
- Southernmost Point- 47 Reviews, 69 Photos
- Duval Street- 20 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Beach- 20 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Sunsets- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Mallory Square- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Hemingway- 51 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Dry Tortugas- 13 Reviews, 29 Photos
- US 1 Mile Marker 0- 6 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Mallory Sunset- 25 Reviews, 38 Photos
- Famous Bars- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
See All Key West Things to Do