"Nassau, Bahamas" Nassau by Ericasmurf99

Nassau Travel Guide: 655 reviews and 1,345 photos

I have been to Nassau twice; both times on a cruise ship. (Carnival Triumph and Carnival Imagination; see my travelogues on my main page for a complete review).

Our first trip was in March 2008. We visited Blackbeard's Cay, which is a small island about 10 minutes away from the cruise ship pier by boat. This was a really good day; water was beautiful, the sun was bright, the sand was warm and white, and the sting rays were friendly. The only downside is that a good beach chair was hard to find. Many were broken and rusty.

I went with another friend in March 2009. This time we walked around for a bit and visit the straw market and Senor Frogs. I didn't like the market, the people were to pushy and even tugged on my arm to come look at their stuff. I was actually pleasently surprised by Senor Frogs though. Normally I hate "wild bars" but it was actually pretty tame inside (could be though because it was 11am!). The staff was super friendly and the drinks were great (not too strong, but not too light). I felt the prices were fair. You can also watch the water and cruise ships from here. After that we went to the beach at the British Hilton. For $20 we got private beach/pool access, towels, chairs, and we could walk around the garden/hammock area. Very good day.

I doubt I'll ever find myself in Nassau again, since we are moving to the opposite side of the U.S. However, I wouldn't say no to a vacation here either. For beautiful water and gorgeous sand, I highly recommend a stay in the Bahamas.

Please enjoy my tips/pictures.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful water and sand
  • Last visit to Nassau: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2009

Ericasmurf99

“A Whole New World ~ A Dazzling Place I Never Knew”

Badges & Stats in Nassau