"My Quiet Corner of Thüringen" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen by weed6886

Land Thüringen Travel Guide: 1,111 reviews and 3,559 photos

With the exception of Erfurt, Eisenach, and Weimar, Thueringen is largely missed by most travellers. The stereotype of grey, soviet style towns dominated by smokestacks is quickly dissapearing here. The villages with their half-timber and slate-sided homes are being restored. The potholes in the roads are dissapearing. It's hard now to drive a road and not find a sign pointing out a museum, or other historical site.

I'll admit this page is still under construction. I'm still discovering Thueringens secrets myself. What I've seen so far has been quite impressive. Interesting towns, and friendly people. There's still a little of that pre 1989 dust laying in the corners, but that just adds character. If you're tired of waiting in that endless line in front of Neuschwanstein, or the overworked waiter in the Hofbrauhaus in Munich, try Thueringen. You might just be suprised, just like me, at what you find.

• Last visit to Land Thüringen: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 24, 2006

• elgin99's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2006 at 4:21 PM

Thanks for visit my pages, Chris. Yours are lovely and humorous. :) Hope soon I can see more about our Thuringian home on your sites? Regards, Hildruth

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2006 at 3:35 PM

I've never heard of Thuringen before I saw your page... good tips on an interesting place

• zlatiq's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2006 at 8:10 PM

the "Celtic Experience" hiking trail seems like a fun thing to do...i'll keep checking out your pages for updates;thanks

weed6886 Visits Here Frequently!

weed6886

“How the hell did I get here?!?”

Badges & Stats in Land Thüringen

Have you been to Land Thüringen?

Friends