"The Kreuzberg Monastery" Klosterkreuzberg by weed6886
Klosterkreuzberg Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 35 photos
The Kreuzberg, at 927 meters, is the second highest mountain in the Rhoen. It is considered a holy mountain to the locals. Franciscan monks founded a monastery here in the seventh century, and a brewery was built in 1731. Atop the mountain is a pilgrimage site, and a huge antenna, making the mountain one of the most prominent landmarks in the Rhoen. There are several hiking trails on the mountain, and a ski resort.
But the main attraction on the Kreuzberg is the brewery. The monks brew what is considered by some to be one of the best beers in the world. It's a dark, smooth beer served in half liter mugs. It's something that's not to be missed. And, for the designated driver, they also have bottles of various sizes for sale. But don't go looking for this beer in the local store. It's only available for sale in the monastery and a few local restaruants.
And for those who can't make it to try the beer, the monastery even has a webcam so you can watch other people enjoying the fine brew.
- Pros:The best tasting beer in the world!
- Cons:Who's going to be the designated driver???
- In a nutshell:You haven't tasted beer until you've tried Kreuzberg beer
The Osterbug was a small castle that was built to defend Würzburg territory from the armies coming out of nearby Fulda.... more travel advice
With all the hype about the beer, it's sometimes hard to forget that the Kreuzberg is a holy site. From the monasterey... more travel advice
weed6886's Related Pages
Klosterkreuzberg Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Klosterkreuzberg
- Hotels in Klosterkreuzberg
- Transportation in Klosterkreuzberg
- Restaurants in Klosterkreuzberg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Klosterkreuzberg
- 4 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Klosterkreuzberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Klosterkreuzberg
Photos in KlosterkreuzbergSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Rhön Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bad Neustadt an der Saale Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bad Kissingen Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Mellrichstadt Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Behrungen Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mödlareuth Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Klosterkreuzberg Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Fladungen Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Geisa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos