"It's All About The Water" Bad Kissingen by weed6886
Bad Kissingen Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 99 photos
I've heard the phrase all too many times; "a nice place to visit, but don't drink the water." Bad Kissingen is a bit different. The town is all about the water. This is probably the most well-known spa resort town in Germany(to Germans). People come from all over Germany to relax in one of the many sanitoriums and to well, drink the water.
Away from the spas, Bad Kissingen is a pleasant little city, filled with fountains, shops and cafes.
The statue of Franz Rakoczy outside of the mineral water fountain named in his honor. Rakoczy was a Hungarian prince who lived 1676-1735, and was involved in the anti-Habsburg uprisings. He is a very popular person in Bad Kissingen, the cities main festival is even named after him. Strange, seeing as Rakoczy was never in Bad Kissingen! Thanks to VT member armerina for informing of that fact.
The Feuerturm was originally built in the 13th century as part of the city's fortifications. In 1850, the tower was then... more travel advice
Franz Rakoczy is a very important personality in Bad Kissingen. His statue sits across from the mineral water fountain... more travel advice
weed6886's Related Pages
Bad Kissingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's All About The Water"
- "Romantic City"
- "Bad Kissingen"
- "Mid of Germany"
- "Beautiful town"
- "Healthy baths between green hills"
- "good friends"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bad Kissingen
- Hotels in Bad Kissingen
- Transportation in Bad Kissingen
- Restaurants in Bad Kissingen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bad Kissingen
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Bad Kissingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bad Kissingen
Top 10 Pages
- Rhön Intro, 22 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bad Neustadt an der Saale Intro, 10 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bad Kissingen Intro, 10 reviews, 22 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Thüringen Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Mellrichstadt Intro, 5 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Behrungen Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mödlareuth Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Klosterkreuzberg Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Fladungen Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Geisa Intro, 1 review, 8 photos