"Tropical Edifices and Animals" Tikal by craigcameron
Tikal Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 23 photos
I first visited Tikal over 11 years ago when I was on a round the world trip. Tikal was one of the major highlights of this trip and burned into my memory along with strong feelings about the rest of Guatemala and it's people. On my first visit I was not only on an extended world trip but on a personel voyage as well ( sounds wanky but hey it's the truth). This time I was on a 2 week holiday with my partner. Having found a cheap charter flight to Cancun we managed a 2 week circuit through Mexico, Belize and Guatemala.
It is said that returning to a special place always is a bit of a let down. This being my 2nd visit to Peten, however under much different circumstances. Tikal will never fail to to impress. With it's unique combination of Mayan edifes and its spectular varity of tropical wildlife that now reside in and around the ruined city.
- Pros:Stunning buldings, flora and fauna.
- Cons:Tour groups from Cancun
- In a nutshell:Exiting mix of a dead culture and a vibrate living natural world
craigcameron's Related Pages
Tikal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ancient Mayan City Of Tikal"
- "Tropical Edifices and Animals"
- "Maya ruins in the forest"
- "Look! Monkeys!"
- "THE HIGHEST MAYAN STRUCTURE IS IN YAXHA NOT TIKAL!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tikal
- Hotels in Tikal
- Transportation in Tikal
- Shopping in Tikal
- Warnings and Dangers in Tikal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tikal
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tikal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tikal
Top 5 Pages
- Vejer de la Frontera 1 review, 3 photos
- Parque Nacional Tikal 1 review
- Top 5 Page for this destination El Remate 1 review
- Tikal Intro, 1 review
- Dunning Intro, 1 review
No friends yet.