"Isla Mujeres" Isla Mujeres by Earthtourist
Isla Mujeres Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 5 photos
Ferries run regularly and are accessible from Cancun by frequent bus service or taxi. You can get there from the middle of Cancun business area by bus for under $2 round trip and the 20 minute ferry ride from Puerto Juariez is $7 round trip. Getting there is part of the fun.
As soon as you arrive, you shift into a feeling of carefree, relaxation mode. Lots of people of all ages walking around in swim suits or beach attire on a laid back vacation or day trip. I've stayer there for days and I've gone for a day trip and enjoyed myself every minute.
You can walk, ride a rental bike, motor bike or gulf cart. You can stroll through the little shops and little restaurants down narrow, tiled streets or walk the sandy beaches. Cabs are available for getting to the farther destinations on the island.
- Pros:The atmosphere is calmer than on the mainland.
- Cons:It can get pretty conjested on the streets sometimes.
- In a nutshell:This is a good family destination. Safe and lots to do.
Getting to Mujeres is simple and cheap. The city bus service to Puerto Juarez where the ferry leaves every hour all day,... more travel advice
Beaches are child friendly, with whites sands and shallow water without big waves. Snorkeling can be learned safely, or... more travel advice
Earthtourist's Related Pages
Isla Mujeres Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Isla Mujeres
- Hotels in Isla Mujeres
- Transportation in Isla Mujeres
- Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Mujeres
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Isla Mujeres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Mujeres
- Stann Creek District Intro, 7 reviews, 1 travelogue
- Isla Mujeres Intro, 5 reviews, 1 travelogue
- San Ignacio Intro, 1 review, 1 travelogue
- Nahiku 1 review