"All About Me" rlg2706's Profile

Travel Overview

I realised a little too late that I should have travelled more before I had children. It would have been less expensive and I could have had the freedom to travel outside of the school holidays. Having said that, I have been able to share most of my travels with my children which have made for great photos and great memories. Some people tell me that we go away too often whether in our own country or abroad but I think that travelling has given my children a great education and an insight to different cultures and world history.

International Friends

I love correspondence and have corresponded with penfriends (now e-friends) around the world for many years. I have had the opportunity to meet most of them through my travels or by them visiting England. I consider them all to be very good friends and am glad to have had the opportunity to get to know them in person. My children have had the opportunity to stay with a German family and a Belgian family giving them an insight into family life in other countries which is a totally different experience to travelling or holidaying. We have also welcomed international visitors into our home and have enjoyed showing them what England has to offer

Favourite Overseas Destinations

Although I love visiting France because there are so many different areas to explore which are so very different, we have in recent years travelled to Florida for our main family holidays. The children are at the age when Disneyworld is the place that they want to be. Having also visited Universal Studios this year, I think a return to Harry Potter World will soon be wanted.

When in England....

We go camping. It is a cheap and family friendly way to spend some time. We like to be outdoors and have visited several places which otherwise we would not have got to see. We usually find a camp site close to an attraction that we would like to visit. My kids love theme parks so a favourite place to camp is at Chertsey, camping next to the River Thames and just a short drive to Thorpe Park, Legoland and Windsor, which is one of my all time favourite towns.

• Intro Updated Oct 27, 2011

• kandoi's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Happy Birthday :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Hi Rachel. Thanks for visiting my Brugge page and for your lovely comment :o) It's the last page of our recent big Europe trip that I have to finish. We really enjoyed Brugge. Cheers, Ann.

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2012 at 5:20 AM

LOL!!! You go right ahead - good ideas are to be shared and trust me, I'm far from the only member who does the tree-bauble shopping thing. You'll be in good company and I expect pictures of your treasures on your HP. HA! Goodfish expects to pick up at least 4 new ones in Italy this year. I might have to get a bigger tree. :)

• B_Caro's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

hi Rachel, I am glad to hear that my tip was succesfull. Thanks for letting me know :-)

• ghibli88's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 5:30 AM

A warm Happy super birthday to you,best wishes from hot and sunny Italy.

• vpeter's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Hi Rachel, happy birthday to you may all your wishes come true. Hope you have a great party. Safe and happy travels. Greetings from the Netherlands.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
rlg2706's Profile Photo

rlg2706

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.